I’m excited about today’s 10 Things That Make Me Happy list! We’re getting a double dose of happy since it’s by Gretchen Rubin from The Happiness Project. :) If you’re unfamiliar with Gretchen, she’s a bestselling author who decided to document her quest to find more happiness in her life. I’ve been reading along on her blog for a few years now, so I’m looking forward to her new book The Happiness Project: Or, Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun (December 2009). So without further ado, here are 10 things that make Gretchen happy.
who: Gretchen Rubin
where: New York City
1. my three computer monitors – I love having three monitors. Try it!
2. running shoes – it’s the rare occasion that gets me to wear any other shoes.
3. blender – I make smoothies practically every day, and I love firing up my blender.
4. filofax – I love all things internet and networked, but I still depend on my trusty Filofax for my calendar.
5. diet soft drinks –I drink tons of soft drinks. And I love each sip.
6. contact lenses – I recently got a stubborn case of conjunctivitis and had to give up my lenses for weeks. Boy, I missed them!
7. my blog – when I started my blog, I had no expectations that I’d enjoy it. But now it’s a huge engine of happiness for me. the happiness project
8. subways, buses, and taxis – one of my favorite things about living in New York City is that I don’t have to drive.
9. ziploc bags – I have a huge collection of Ziploc bags, in all sizes, and find a million ways to use them.
10. books – Any and all books make me happy. amazon