Last Updated: May 18, 2023
This week, the REI Anniversary Sale starts and runs through Memorial Day weekend – May 29, 2023. Get 20% off one full-price item and an 20% off one Outlet item. Plus, tons of brand deals with up to 30% off. The next 20% off coupon will be at the end of summer in September. The REI 20% off coupon schedule is typically four big sales every year. This is the time to get the best deals: Member Sale in March (after your annual dividends come out), Anniversary Sale (around Memorial Day) in May, a Labor Day Sale in September, along with some holiday sales in the fall. Here are the latest REI coupon codes.
Latest REI Promo Code: ANNIV23 20% off ONE Full-price Item & ONE Outlet Item! May 19 thru May 29, 2023!
Other recent REI Promo codes:
- ANNIV23 – Anniversary Sale! 20% off one full-price item & extra 20% off one Outlet item May 19-29, 2023.
- 15% off bonus card with $120+ REI Gift card purchase through May 18, 2023.
- OUTCYCLE23 – Extra 25% Off REI Outlet Cycling Gear! Excludes bikes! Through April 24, 2023..
- MEMBER23 – Member Dividend Sale! 20% off one full-price item & extra 20% off one Outlet item March 17-27, 2023.
- OUTFEB23 – Get an extra 25% off REI Outlet orders thru Feb 27, 2023.
- WINTER22 – Get 20% off one full price item December 29, 2022 only. Plus, get an extra 20% off one REI Outlet Item (online only). Sale ends 11:59pm PST Dec 29.
- BUYUSED – Get 30% off gently used gear from REI Good & Used section – through Jan 1, 2023.
- OUTDEC22 – Get an $20 off $100+ REI outlet order thru Dec 19, 2022. And up to 50% off holiday deals.
- Get a $20 bonus card with any $100 gift card purchase through Dec 15, 2022. Bonus card must be used Dec 27, 2022 – Jan 5, 2023. Gift card can be used anytime.
- No code needed – Get up to 30% off during the Holiday Warm Up Sale thru December 19, 2022.
- OUTNOV22 – Get an extra 25% off REI outlet items thru November 28, 2022. And up to 40% off other gear for Cyber Week Sale (end dates vary!).
- GEARUP22 – Get 20% off one full price item November 11-21, 2022 as part of REI’s pre Black Friday Sale, called the Gear Up & Get Out Sale. Plus, get an extra 20% off one REI Outlet Item (online only). Sale starts at 12:01am PST on Nov 11. Jump below for all the sale items and check out my Gear Up, Get Out sale top picks!
- Get a $20 bonus card with any $100 purchase through Oct 10, 2022. Bonus card must be used Oct 14-24, 2022.
- OUTSEPT22 – Get an extra 25% off REI outlet items from 5 brands: Marmot, prAna, DAKINE, Reima, and Mountain Equipment. Ends September 26, 2022.
- LABOR22 – Get an extra 20% off one REI outlet item from August 26 to September 5, 2022 for REI members.
- 20% off Co-op Bikes! And up to 40% off bike accessories. No coupon code needed. Ends Aug 14, 2022.
- DRTBIKE100 – Get $100 off the Coop Cycles DRT 1.1 Mountain Bike (making it $499!) ends July 28, 2022.
- NO CODE NEEDED: $20 bonus card with $100 purchase, through July 25 for Members. The $20 off card is then usable July 29-Aug 8, 2022.
- OUT4JULY22 – Get $10 off $50 or more on an REI Outlet purchase. Ends July 4, 2022.
- MEMJUNE22! Get an extra 20% off five brands: prAna, ALPS, Carve Designs, Merrell, & Black Diamond. Ends June 13, 2022.
- ANNIV22! 20% off one full-price item & extra 20% off one Outlet item for REI Members from May 20-30, 2022.
- OUTLET422 – Get an Extra 50% off one REI Outlet Clothing Item – ends April 25, 2022.
- MEMBER20! 20% off one full-price item & extra 20% off one Outlet item March 18 -28, 2022.
*Discounts not valid on car racks & accessories, roof boxes, bicycles, bike simulators, snowshoes, skis, ski boots or ski bindings; snowboards, snowboard boots or snowboard bindings; kayaks, canoes, paddle boards, rafts; strollers, any item with GPS technology, action cameras and accessories, fitness trackers, personal locator beacons, avalanche transceiver, airbag products and selected brands.
What’s on Sale for the Anniversary Sale:
Every May, the REI Anniversary / Memorial Day Sale is the perfect time to snag summer season gear you still need! This year’s sale will start May 19 and go through May 29, 2023. It’s all about the deals and just for member early-access gear deals, including:
- 30% off ALL REI Brand Gear, Clothing, Footwear (excluding bikes)
- 30% off ALL REI Brand tents, backpacking gear (packs, poles), camping furniture, camp storage
- 40% off NEMO disco sleeping bags and tensor pads
- 25% off NEMO footprints and tents
- 25% off Eureka camping gear
- 25% off Coleman camp gear
- 25% off Exped packs, bags, pads
- 20% off Dometic coolers
- $50 off Garin Inreach Mini 2
- 25% off Osprey and Ariel packs, Gregory Paragon and Maven packs
- 25% off Black Diamond Gear & Clothing
- 25% off MSR cookware
- 25% off KEEN Footwear
- 25% off Nomadic towels and ponchos
- 25% off ENO hammocks
- 25% off Hydroflask
- 20% off Goal Zero solar
- 25% off Janji running
- 25% off Nathan hydration & running accessories
- 25% off Solomon hiking boots, select Solomon shoes
- 25% off La Sportiva footwear, Altra lonepeak boots, select Danner boots
- 25% off Mountain Hardwear clothing for women, Outdoor Research hat gloves gaiters
- 25% off Prana select hiking pants
- 25% off select Cotopaxi, Fjallraven, Outdoor research jackets
- 25% off Icebreaker base layers & Smartwool
- 15-25% off select paddle gear
- 20% off Burley trailers, strollers, accessories
- 20% off Smith bike helmets
- 25% off Bontrager bike helmets,
- 25% off Pearl Izumi clothing & accessories, and Wild Rye clothing
- 20% off REI Co-op bikes
- 25% off Ortlieb panniers & accessories, & Revelate Designs bags
- 25% off bike saddles
- 20% off Wahoo KICKR Snap and KICKR Core trainers
- 20% of Thule and Yakima racks and roof boxes
- See all the full highlights here!
How to Get REI Discounts
Here are all the ways I shop smart around REI sales and discounts to save on all my outdoor gear purchases.
REI Membership & Dividends:
The best way to get REI discounts is to become an REI member for $20. It’s a lifetime membership for outdoor enthusiasts and you get great REI deals, free shipping (NEW!) special discounts 20% off bike/ski service, access to special collaboration gear, and receive a % of your purchase back in annual dividend store credit, every March. REI CO-OP members also receive one-time use coupons throughout the year.
REI Dividends: When Do They Come Out?
REI makes their annual member dividend announcements in late February, based on REI profit. Your REI Dividend reward usually arrives in your account as a credit by early March, or February 28, 2023 for this year! Just go to the Rewards page to see your balance, or click “My Account” and it will be listed below your name, and member year info, like: “Total REI Rewards: $0.00” Note: Your old Co-op Member Rewards do expire at some point, so check your balance info for the date. Use it or lose it!
And my biggest tip for outdoor gear savings is to wait to spend your REI Dividends! Yes, it feels good to get REI credit and with all the new spring gear out there, it can feel like it’s burning a hole in your pocket. But if you just wait about two weeks for the March Dividend sale, then many items are on extra sale, and you can apply the 20% off coupon first, then use your dividend for the remainder balance! Patience!
REI 20% Off Coupon Schedule 2023:
REI usually does at least four big sales every year, and this is the time to get the best deals: Member Sale in March, when your annual dividends come out. Anniversary Sale / Memorial Day Sale in May, a Labor Day Sale in September, along with some holiday sales in late fall. They usually do a Deal of the Day during their semi-annual sales, as well, which can be a great time to get the best price on discounted gear for your next outdoor activities. They usually offer an REI Discount code for extra 20% off coupons for full price and REI Outlet items for REI Co-op membership.
The March and May sales are prime time to snag some gear deals before summer! The Labor Day sale is the best time to stock up on outdoor gear you realized you needed this season, for next summer, and also to gear up for the winter outdoor season! Along with the “Don’t call it a Black Friday Sale” in November – the “Gear Up, Get Out Sale” which ends safely before Thanksgiving. ;)
Another way to stay up do date on deals and REI coupons is to sign up for their email newsletter!
Good & Used section:
REI’s Used and Good section is like the online store version of their ever-popular Garage Sale. Beyond shopping used gear, you can also trade in your used gear for REI Gift Cards! This a nice spot to check when you’re looking for a very specific item from top brands, and don’t mind a little wear at great savings. For example, backpacks, hydration packs, bike bags, hiking poles etc.
REI Mastercard Credit Card:
Not everyone wants an extra credit card. And if the temptation to spend is too high, then you know it’s not for you! But I’ve found, I have the REI credit card and have it set to auto-pay it from my bank account. Then whenever I’m doing an REI purchase, I just get it out and use that so I get 5% back, on most purchases.
REI Free Shipping
REI offers free standard shipping on orders of $50 more. And new in 2022, you get free shipping if you’re an REI member with no minimum purchase! You can also get free shipping to a local REI store if your online order doesn’t qualify for free shipping. Or do in-store pickup for less than $50, if the item is stocked locally.
REI Returns Policy
Another reason I love shopping at REI is their generous return policy. They stand by their products, and offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If you’re not happy with your item, you can return it within one year of purchase. Of course, there are a few exceptions – like outdoor electronics, and you can’t return gear that you’ve damaged. So yes, there are probably a few folks who misuse this, but overall, this is a great policy. It’s why I usually buy all my running shoes at REI, or other products that I’m concerned might not work out.
REI Black Friday #optoutside
REI has led the outdoor industry in recent years in boycotting Black Friday. Starting in 2014, with their #optoutside campaign, they close all their stores (and yes, pay their employees) on Thanksgiving and Black Friday. Of course, you can still place orders online, they just won’t be processed until after. It’s a powerful statement! But of course, REI is still getting in on the holiday sales by offering their usual November pre-Thanksgiving sale – the Gear Up, Get Out sale – that runs for 2 weeks in early to mid November. Followed by a Cyber Week sale after Thanksgiving.